If you've been following along with the enthusiast to entrepreneur series, you should have a pretty good idea of cannabis-touching businesses you can start with your unique skillset. But no matter where you are in the business process right now, one thing is for sure, you're going to need to create tons of high-quality content to promote it.
And you don’t need to consider yourself an expert to be a great podcast host, video creator, or blog writer. If you tuned in to episode 12 about achieving expert status, you already know you just have to have a creative niche and be a couple of steps ahead of your audience. So, when it comes to crafting engaging content, you can start by talking bout the basics and work your way up from there. You grow along with your audience. But you can't grow at all unless you get started in the first place so you should start creating niche content even before you start your business. In fact, you should start as soon as you decide on the general subject of our business.
Because the sooner you start, the sooner you will accumulate followers and subscribers and gain expert status. But if that didn’t light a bright enough fire under your buns to get going here are seven more reasons creating a niche cannabis content should be at the tippy-top of our to-do list.
• You’ll Get More Traffic – When you start publishing regular content about a niche topic you will eventually notice that you’re getting a lot more organic traffic. Search engines use your content to attract customers to your website. The more frequent your posts, the more likely you are to start seeing your ideal customers like, comment, and subscribe.
• You’ll Build Your Assets Faster – Every piece of content you create is content that you can use elsewhere. Whether you create video, audio, or written content, you can repurpose it into other formats. You can turn your youtube videos into podcasts, your podcasts into blogs, and your blogs into social media posts or use them in your newsletter. There are so many ways to work and rework whatever you create. As long as the content you upload is consistent, accurate, and fits your audience, it will start to gain traction.
• You’ll Develop Relationships with Your Readers – Content marketing does so much more than promote your business. It also gives you an opportunity to connect to your readers and develop a relationship with them. Encourage them to share your content, sign up for your newsletter, and comment on your posts. Friend referrals are solid gold and you will make a name for yourself as a niche authority before you know it.
• You’ll Establish Yourself as a Thought Leader in Your Industry – The main thing about having content that is hyper-focused on your expertise is that you’ll soon establish yourself as a thought leader. The more content you publish that is useful and helpful to your audience, the more important you will become to them. They will start to anticipate your next Instagram post and look out for your latest blogs. You want to be that person.
• You’ll Spread Brand Awareness – As you gain more traffic, publish more content, and converse with your audience, you’ll be spreading awareness of your expertise and brand at the same time. No one is going to know you’re an expert until you start sharing it with them.
• You’ll Create More Opportunities for Sharing Your Message – As your content grows in popularity, others will want to share it too. They’ll ask you if they can share, curate, or maybe even syndicate it, depending on your level of expertise. You might be surprised at how quickly these offers roll in.
• You Can Test Out Ideas – Content is wonderful for testing product ideas with your audience. They will tell you how much they need to know about a given aspect of our niche topic. If they express a particular interest in one thing or another, this could be a great opportunity to create an information product, service, form a Joint venture, or look for ways to promote a related affiliate product. Thankfully, you can also use the data gathered in your analytics to zero in on these gold-mine areas.
In online business, niche content is one of those non-negotiable things. But it's 100% worth it. Once you get over that initial fear hurdle of putting yourself out there, you’ll start to see the benefits for yourself.
JOIN THE FB COMMUNITY:
A safe place to share your fails and wins with fellow canna-business owners
OPEN THE ONLINE CANNA-BUSINESS TOOLBOX:
All the resources you could ever need to start and grow your cannabis business https://www.theelevatedadvocate.com/The-Online-Cannabis-Business-Toolbox
VISIT THE TRELLO TEMPLATE SHOPPE:
Done-for-you project management templates for online cannapreneurs
PIN ME FOR LATER: